The Foothills Foundation is a non-profit organization whose members are business and community leaders who give of their time and talents to make a difference in the community – we also like to have fun! The mission of the Foothills Foundation is to build a stronger South Jefferson County community by supporting local cultural, educational and recreational programs and activities while creating opportunities for community partnerships and volunteerism. The Foothills Foundation produces two community events – the annual golf tournament and the Summerset Festival. Each helps to support the endeavors and mission of the organization.
2023 Event Schedule
[August 18] 33rd Annual Golf Tournament – *SOLD OUT*
We’re excited to again be hosting our annual golf tournament. 2023 marks the 33rd annual golf tournament. All proceeds contribute to golf course capital improvement projects for Foothills Golf Course and/or The Meadows Golf Club. Our tournament will again be located at The Meadows Golf Club in Littleton, shotgun start is at 8:00am. Although the tournament is full, we are still seeking tournament sponsors or hole sponsors. Please contact us no later than August 5th if you are interested in sponsorships.
[September 16] 38th Annual Summerset Festival
The Foothills Foundation will again be hosting the Annual Summerset Festival at Clement Park (Littleton, CO) on September 16, 2023. Please visit the Summerset Festival website for program information. Exhibitors and vendors can now complete their registration online.
2023 Fundraising Initiatives
Each of our fundraising events – Red, White & You Beer Gardens; the Foothills Foundation Annual Golf Tournament and Summerset Festival are oriented to help raise money for capital improvement projects within the Foothills Park & Recreation District. In 2022, $30,000 was committed to support the FHPRD Golf Courses and the Dutch Creek Trail expansion and improvement project. Learn more about the Dutch Creek Trail Project.
Past fundraising helped new park projects including:
- NEW! Inclusive playground at Clement Park; Foothills Foundation recognized as 3rd largest capital contributor.
- NEW! Foothills Park & Recreation District unveils new splash pad & fountain
- Sound system for the Foothills Sports Arena
- Outdoor speakers for the sound system at the Peak Community & Wellness Center
- New Scoreboards at Clement Park
- Special Event Gazebo at the Peak Community & Wellness Center
- Cardio Equipment Replacement at the Peak Community & Wellness Center
- Studio dance floor replacement at the Ridge Recreation Center
- Jason Jennings Adaptive Baseball Field at Schaefer Athletic Complex
- Columbine Memorial
- Fitness and Gymnastics Equipment for Lilley Gulch Recreation Center
- Lightning Shelters and Irrigation Foundations for the Meadows Golf Club
- Pottery Studio, Tot Lot, Climbing Wall & Lobby Furnishings, Warm Water Therapy Room & Teen Room
- Clement Park Skate Park – a popular attraction!
- Clement Park Amphitheater