The Foothills Foundation is a non-profit organization whose members are business and community leaders who give of their time and talents to make a difference in the community – we also like to have fun! The mission of the Foothills Foundation is to build a stronger South Jefferson County community by supporting local cultural, educational and recreational programs and activities while creating opportunities for community partnerships and volunteerism. The Foothills Foundation produces two community events – the annual golf tournament and the Summerset Festival. Each helps to support the endeavors and mission of the organization.
For 2017, the Foundation is raising funds for the annual Red White & You patriotic celebration in Clement Park on July 3rd and supporting the endeavors of Foothills Park & Recreation District.
Past fundraising projects include:
- Sound system for the Foothills Sports Arena
- Outdoor speakers for the sound system at the Peak Community & Wellness Center
- New Scoreboards at Clement Park
- Special Event Gazebo at the Peak Community & Wellness Center
- Cardio Equipment Replacement at the Peak Community & Wellness Center
- Studio dance floor replacement at the Ridge Recreation Center
- Jason Jennings Adaptive Baseball Field at Schaffer Athletic Complex
- Columbine Memorial
- Fitness and Gymnastics Equipment for Lilley Gulch Recreation Center
- Lightning Shelters and Irrigation Foundations for the Meadows Golf Club
- Pottery Studio, Tot Lot, Climbing Wall & Lobby Furnishings, Warm Water Therapy Room & Teen Room
- Clement Park Skate Park – a popular attraction!
- Clement Park Amphitheater