The Foothills Foundation is a non-profit organization whose members are business and community leaders who give of their time and talents to make a difference in the community – we also like to have fun! The mission of the Foothills Foundation is to build a stronger South Jefferson County community by supporting local cultural, educational and recreational programs and activities while creating opportunities for community partnerships and volunteerism. The Foothills Foundation produces two community events – the annual golf tournament and the Summerset Festival. Each helps to support the endeavors and mission of the organization.
2024 Event Schedule
[TBA] 34th Annual Golf Tournament
We’re excited to again be hosting our annual golf tournament. 2024 marks the 34th annual golf tournament. All proceeds contribute to golf course capital improvement projects for Foothills Golf Course and/or The Meadows Golf Club. Our tournament will be a shotgun start at 8:00am; course TBD. Tournament registration will open soon and we are seeking tournament sponsors and hole sponsors. Please contact us if you are interested in sponsorships.
[September 21] 39th Annual Summerset Festival
The Foothills Foundation will again be hosting the Annual Summerset Festival at Clement Park (Littleton, CO) on September 21, 2024. Please visit the Summerset Festival website for program information. Registration is currently open to past exhibitors and sponsors. Open registration will be available soon.
2024 Fundraising Initiatives
Each of our fundraising events – Red, White & You Beer Gardens; the Foothills Foundation Annual Golf Tournament and Summerset Festival are oriented to help raise money for capital improvement projects within the Foothills Park & Recreation District. In 2022, $30,000 was committed to support the FHPRD Golf Courses and the Dutch Creek Trail expansion and improvement project. Learn more about the Dutch Creek Trail Project.
Past fundraising helped new park projects including:
- NEW! Inclusive playground at Clement Park; Foothills Foundation recognized as 3rd largest capital contributor.
- NEW! Foothills Park & Recreation District unveils new splash pad & fountain
- Sound system for the Foothills Sports Arena
- Outdoor speakers for the sound system at the Peak Community & Wellness Center
- New Scoreboards at Clement Park
- Special Event Gazebo at the Peak Community & Wellness Center
- Cardio Equipment Replacement at the Peak Community & Wellness Center
- Studio dance floor replacement at the Ridge Recreation Center
- Jason Jennings Adaptive Baseball Field at Schaefer Athletic Complex
- Columbine Memorial
- Fitness and Gymnastics Equipment for Lilley Gulch Recreation Center
- Lightning Shelters and Irrigation Foundations for the Meadows Golf Club
- Pottery Studio, Tot Lot, Climbing Wall & Lobby Furnishings, Warm Water Therapy Room & Teen Room
- Clement Park Skate Park – a popular attraction!
- Clement Park Amphitheater