The Foothills Foundation is a non-profit organization whose members are business and community leaders who give of their time and talents to make a difference in the community – we also like to have fun! The mission of the Foothills Foundation is to build a stronger South Jefferson County community by supporting local cultural, educational and recreational programs and activities while creating opportunities for community partnerships and volunteerism. The Foothills Foundation produces two community events – the annual golf tournament and the Summerset Festival. Each helps to support the endeavors and mission of the organization.
Upcoming Event – Summerset Festival 2018
Previous fundraising events held in 2018 included the Foothills Foundation Golf Tournament (June 22) and Red White & You (July 3rd).
Past fundraising helped new park projects including:
- NEW! Foothills Park & Recreation unveils new splash pad & fountain
- Sound system for the Foothills Sports Arena
- Outdoor speakers for the sound system at the Peak Community & Wellness Center
- New Scoreboards at Clement Park
- Special Event Gazebo at the Peak Community & Wellness Center
- Cardio Equipment Replacement at the Peak Community & Wellness Center
- Studio dance floor replacement at the Ridge Recreation Center
- Jason Jennings Adaptive Baseball Field at Schaffer Athletic Complex
- Columbine Memorial
- Fitness and Gymnastics Equipment for Lilley Gulch Recreation Center
- Lightning Shelters and Irrigation Foundations for the Meadows Golf Club
- Pottery Studio, Tot Lot, Climbing Wall & Lobby Furnishings, Warm Water Therapy Room & Teen Room
- Clement Park Skate Park – a popular attraction!
- Clement Park Amphitheater